Time to prepare: 35 mins
Time to cook: 10 mins
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 x 150g skinless, boneless firm white fish fillets (see note)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 head (350g) broccoli, coarsely grated (see note)
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g grape tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup gluten-free dry-roasted almonds, finely chopped
Combine the paprika, lemon rind, lemon juice and oil in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 tablespoons of mixture to a glass or ceramic dish. Add cumin seeds. Stir to combine. Reserve remaining paprika mixture in jug.
Add fish to cumin mixture in dish. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow avours to develop.
Heat a large greased non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and just cooked through.
Meanwhile, make Broccoli Tabouleh: Finely chop parsley stems and roughly chop leaves. Place broccoli, parsley, chickpeas, tomato, capsicum, onion and almonds in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add reserved paprika mixture. Toss to combine.
Divide tabouleh among serving plates. Top with fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
For more recipes like this, head to taste.com.au.
Energy: 2204 kj
Fat Total: 29.4g
Saturated Fat: 3.6g
Carbs (total): 14.3g
All nutrition values are per serve
You could also use single chicken breast fillets instead of the fish to reduce the cost, if you prefer. Cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
Make sure you grate both the broccoli florets and stem.